The Hood Nasal Septal Button* is designed as a non-surgical approach to manage septal perforations. A unique conical shape seals the button, reduces movement of the flaps and accumulation of crusted epistaxis secretions, improving nasal respiration. The one piece device can be positioned on opposite sides of the nasal septum and conforms to extreme septal deviations.
Fabricated of implant-grade silicone which will not affect, or be affected by, the nasal passages. The device lends itself to custom shaping by trimming before insertion.
The Hood Intended Use and Instruction Manual, which is supplied with each product, provides detailed information on insertion technique, sterilization, and postoperative care.
* Designed with assistance from Isaac Eliachar, M.D.
These products have been treated with Ultra-smooth Plus® surface treatment. This proprietary technology modifies the surface properties of silicone. Ultra-smooth Plus® treated silicone is thromboresistant, resistant to biofilm germination, bacterial and fungal growth, and has less surface friction. See Ultra-smooth Plus® page for further information.
|Code No.||Diameter A (cm)||Length between posts B(mm)||Post diameter C(mm)|
- Unique conical shape seals button, reduces movement of flaps and accumulation of crusted epistaxis secretions, improving nasal respiration
- Conforms to extreme septal deviations
- One piece device can be positioned on opposite sides of the nasal septum
- Fabricated of implant-grade silicone; material will not affect, or be affected by, the nasal passages