The Efer® modular Bronchoscope and Silicone stent placement equipment.
- The Efer® Bronchoscope system is the gold standard for placement of Silicone stents in the airway.
- The system is comprised of nine interchangable tubes for Bronchial and Tracheal applications.
- All tubes have a metric scale and the size is signified by color coded rings.
- A distal safety stop to prevent accidental damage to the trachea or bronchi during stent introducer tubes introduction is incorporated on all tubes.
- The interchangeable tubes connect to a Universal head. The head has an axial and lateral instrumentation ports and features a 360 degree rotating ventilation port adjacent to a Jet Venturi port that can be capped if ventilation is not required.
Efer® Stent Placement Instrumentation
- The Efer® Stent placment instruments were originally designed for endoscopic or flouroscopic tracheobronchial silicone stent placement.
- Each stent placement instrument includes, stent loader, introducer, plungers tubes and is color coded with the corresponding tracheobronchial tubes.
- Stent plunger tubes are open to allow insertion of a telescope to provide visual confirmation of stent placement with the Bronchi or Trachea.
The Efer rigid bronchoscope is the gold standard scope for Interventional Pulmonology. Very well manufactured. I also, appreciate you and your team for excellent customer service.
Hood customized prosthesis are being used at centers of excellence such as BIDMC
This rigid bronchoscope system is one of the best in the world.
I have had the pleasure and the unique opportunity to work with Hood Laboratories for the past 12 years as someone who benefits from their product line, as a co-inventor, and consultant as well. The Hood Laboratories team, with Dennis, Lewis, and Rebecca are truly committed to their mission of improving patient lives. They have done this consistently by developing innovative solutions to surgical problems. Their product line is unique and niche. The Hood Laboratories team invests time, energy and finances to maintain the highest level of quality control for all Hood products. They are constantly working with and listening to the problems surgeons face to identify new opportunities for medical device development and also to learn how to constantly improve on their current product line to meet patient and surgeon needs. As an inventor, I have had the opportunity to work with Hood Laboratories on our collaborative product line, “The Walvekar Salivary Stents”. I found the team to always be responsive to my ideas and the multiple versions of the stent are a testament to their commitment to excellence and improvement. I am thrilled and honored to provide this testimonial for a team that I am not only proud to work with but also respect tremendously.Vice-Chair, Head and Neck Division & Mervin L. Trail Endowed Chair Head & Neck Oncology Department of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery, LSU Health Sciences Center New Orleans, LA